Friday, May 9, 2008

Begging to Learn?

"Please, Mama! Please can we do Kindergarten today!" Hannah begged as I finished typing an email this morning. She even voluntarily cleaned up the living room to make space for our school table! I am so glad that my children love to learn. Hannah, especially, gets so excited when she discovers something new.

Today, we spent about an hour on reading and 30 minutes on math. Hannah read an entire book with no help today, and she easily answered comprehension questions as well. She also practiced reading and writing three-digit numbers and recognizing number words up to ten. I cannot believe that she has nearly finished our Kindergarten reading curriculum already. By fall, she should be ready to begin first grade!

Though we focused mostly on the basics today, Hannah still didn't want to stop. I had to convince her to help me clean up so she could eat lunch before naptime. I hope that she always has such a burning desire to learn! Today, she reminded me why homeschooling is such a rewarding "job."

No comments:

Where homeschooling is just a small part of becoming life-long learners.