Monday, November 3, 2008

Apples and Owls

This weekend, we went apple picking. The problem? There were no apples left on the trees to pick! When we found out, the kids seemed on the verge of a meltdown, so we let them "pick" apples from the bins in the store instead. Then, I discovered the freezer full of "cider pops" - homemade popsicles made from fresh apple cider. Yum! They really enjoyed their cider pops!

Hannah is in the middle of writing a journal entry about the weekend. She suddenly seems excited about writing, and I want to encourage that. When I told her she had to write one story in her journal today, instead of complaining, she told me that she wanted to write three stories instead! I'll post it once she finishes it so she can describe our weekend in her own words...

Today, the theme at preschool was owls. I made Ben this lovely "mask" for show and tell. The eyes are the size that his eyes would be if he were an owl (about the size of softballs). His teacher says he explained it pretty well to the class and that they enjoyed the lesson. Doesn't he make a cute owl?

No comments:

Where homeschooling is just a small part of becoming life-long learners.