Monday, January 19, 2009

Outer Space

Have I mentioned how much Hannah loves the Magic Tree House book series? We purchased books 1-28 for Christmas, and she is about halfway finished with them. She has enjoyed all of them so far, but she fell in love with Midnight on the Moon.

For a couple weeks, I constantly heard thumps and bangs coming from her room. When I opened the door, she would be wearing her "moon suit" - a zip-up jacket vest, a Disney princess hat, Strawberry Shortcake slippers, and fancy white gloves.

"What are you doing?" I would ask as she leaped from her bed. "Going to the moon!" she would yell.

One day, she said to Josh, "I need to go potty."

"Then go," he told her.

"I can't," she explained, "I have to go to the moon first." Oh, of course...

In light of this obsession, I was thrilled to find a number of worksheets about Space and our Solar System on the Time For Kids website. I decided to print out one worksheet just for Hannah, but also a couple for both Hannah and Ben to try. I knew Ben would need help reading the questions and writing some of the answers, but he amazed me at how well he did.

Hannah's pages:


Ben's pages:


Hannah's page about Pluto:

No comments:

Where homeschooling is just a small part of becoming life-long learners.