Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Summer Summary

Now that school has started for the year, I feel like I should give a brief summary of our summer. Between my badly sprained ankle, the blessings and demands of an abundant summer harvest, and our two long vacations, I have been too busy to post until now!

Here is just a brief list of the fun we had:

  • Camping for a week at the state park, including crayfish hunting, rock climbing, and canoeing.

  • Riding the trolley into Philadelphia (from my parents' house) to see the Franklin Institute.

  • Spending a day at a friend's house, including picking blackberries and meeting their chickens.

  • Visiting the Please Touch Museum with grandparents and friends.

  • Exploring the Camden Aquarium.

  • Enjoying Grandma and PopPop's cabin

  • Picking apples and plums

  • And much more!

Now that summer is drawing to a close and we are beginning a daily homeschooling routine, I look forward to the coming of fall. I love cooler weather, colorful leaves, apples and pumpkins, and the spicy, earthy smells of the season. And, I enjoy looking back at our fun, knowing we could not have asked for a better summer!

No comments:

Where homeschooling is just a small part of becoming life-long learners.