Friday, October 17, 2008

Bible Reading

For Hannah's 5th birthday, we got a great deal on a kids' study Bible from our local Christian bookstore. I told Hannah that now she can have quiet times each day like Mama and Daddy. She seemed excited, and I saw her reading occasionally, but I did not realize how much she was doing until I picked the Bible up yesterday. Her bookmark is at page 175!

When she awoke from her nap, I asked her if she had been flipping through pages or reading straight through, and she said she had read every word up to that point. Wow! She seems to love reading the Bible herself every day.

I bought her the first book in the Magic Treehouse series last night when Josh and I were at Barnes and Noble. We listened to a couple of the books on CD when we got them in Wendy's kids' meals, and we enjoyed them very much. However, I think I will hold onto the book for a while before I give it to Hannah. I'd hate to distract her from her current infatuation with reading God's Word!

1 comment:

Cheryl Pitt said...

That's amazing, what a blessing. I need to do a better job of instilling the importance of quiet time with God in my boys. Thanks for sharing.

Where homeschooling is just a small part of becoming life-long learners.