Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Budding Artist

I am impressed by the way that Hannah's drawing ability is gradually developing and maturing over time. Not long ago, her sketches so vaguely represented their real-life models that she had to explain nearly every picture to me. Recently, though, she has been focusing a bit more on detail and proper positioning as she creates her drawings.

Today, she called me over to show me a sketch she had completed on the magnadoodle. While looking at a magazine picture, she had attempted to draw a hummingbird. I was amazed at how closely her drawing matched the picture that she copied.


Now, obviously, this is still the work of a five year old, but notice how the position of the wings and tail mimic the wings and tail in the picture. And, for the first time, she drew a side view of a face with only one eye showing and a beak instead of a smile. I thought she did an excellent job!

No comments:

Where homeschooling is just a small part of becoming life-long learners.