Friday, September 12, 2008

More Word Creation...

Hannah made some more words today with the post-it cards that I have. She just had to add a letter or two at the beginning to create a word. Again, I'll put her letters in bold, then a dash, and then the letters she was given.

b-ug
n-ot
qu-ail
n-est
r-ip
y-ay
p-ink
w-ell
s-ick
f-in
sp-ill
c-at
s-ap
p-ack
r-ing
c-an
s-ock
k-it
f-ake

When we were done, I had her tell me a story, using each of the words in sentences. It was all about a bug stuck in a spider web that got out when the web ripped, and then the spider made a new pink web. I think a cat had sap spilled on him at one point, and a quail built a nest... it was pretty wild. But, she got the point, and she seemed to enjoy creating a story, no matter how fanciful and crazy it might have been.

No comments:

Where homeschooling is just a small part of becoming life-long learners.